What are the career opportunities of a three-year graduate in Modern Languages ​​and Cultures ? What are the main professions that can be carried out after having obtained this degree? At the end of this three-year university training, two main avenues open up: it is possible to continue to refine one’s skills by obtaining a specialist degree through the achievement of a master’s degree or to enter the world of work.

A three-year graduate who has obtained the title with this course of study will have acquired theoretical and practical skills in the linguistic disciplines that will allow him to work in different fields. It is not uncommon, in fact, that a graduate in Languages ​​finds his / her job position in the field of journalism, publishing, intermediation between European and extra-European cultures or cultural bodies and institutions that deal with conveying information.

Now let’s see, specifically, what are the main professional careers that can be undertaken with a three-year degree in Modern Languages ​​and Cultures.

Working as a foreign language correspondent

The Correspondent in foreign languages ​​ is the person who deals with the intermediation between the company and foreign customers or suppliers, managing emails, phone calls and business relationships. He has a specific and thorough linguistic knowledge, and pays great attention to the translation of texts, documents and business negotiations. You can also take care of administrative and secretarial practices for the company you work for or assist the Manager in researching new markets.

Working as a technician of hospitality activities and similar professions

Under the name Technical of hospitality activities is a collection of professional profiles operating in the tourism sector. For example, a hospitality business technician can carry out his job within a travel agency and help the customer organize their itinerary by recommending and booking the facilities; or he can work within hotel chains or accommodation facilities managing the front office and accounting or administrative tasks. Another profession that we can mention in this category is the profile of the Tourist Entertainer, responsible (at various levels) to provide an entertainment service to the guests of the accommodation.

Working as a Tour Guide

An immediate professional outlet for a graduate in Languages ​​can be the profile of the Tour Guide, who takes care of accompanying visitors to the attractions of interest and providing them with an explanation of the same in the agreed language. To practice the profession, it is necessary to obtain a license issued following participation in a competition and passing a final exam. As we can imagine, at least one foreign language will be tested.

Top 10 Languages Used On the Internet for 2020 - Speakt.com

Working as an Event Organizer

A valid professional alternative for a graduate in Languages ​​is represented by the career of the Organizer of events. This figure is responsible for managing, coordinating and structuring an event from its conception to its conclusion. Linguistic knowledge in many cases is a fundamental requirement, since the nature of the events varies considerably and largely depends on the type of client. This professional, in fact, can organize fairs, exhibitions, cultural events or more or less formal conferences and corporate receptions. He can carry out his duties as an employee or as a self-employed person.

Working as a museum technician

The Museum technician is the one who deals with cataloging and arranging models and specimens. He can work both within a cultural site and in a library. He can work with objects of various kinds (fossils, artifacts, tools, works of art, sculptures) and organize them for museum exhibitions.

Working as a linguistic expert of interculturality

The figure of the Expert linguistic can have various declinations: in fact, it can operate in the field of intercultural and interlinguistic communication in the artistic field, editorial, journalistic and multimedia with different tasks; or it can deal with minority linguistic areas and immigration in Italy and abroad for educational and administrative institutions.

Working in Language Teaching Support

To become a real language teacher in the secondary school of I and II degree it is necessary to obtain a master’s degree in Languages. With a three-year degree, however, it is possible to work alongside the permanent teacher or provide private tutoring to one or more students.